Friday, February 19, 2010

Hibernation

Sometimes you don't see a friend for what seems like ages, perhaps it has been months. Where did this friend go? Usually it is a combination of things, but usually the winter seems to be a combination of hard partying nights out at the bars or complete hibernation.

How many phone calls did I answer with "I'm staying in tonight" this week? Quite a few. I think hibernation for bears is meant to last a whole season, but if I stay in for a week, that is pretty good.
It appears that we are embracing the spring like weather and starting bonfire season early. I'm pretty excited for this for a couple reasons:

1. You don't have to dress up for bonfires. Xtra-tufs, jeans and sweatshirts are the uniform.
2. You don't have to pay $5 a drink at a bonfire and you don't have to tip.
3. You get to go home with the lingering memory of summer - and that smoke smell.
4. You get to see a lot of fun people hanging out together who are bonfire friends only, it seems.
5. You have the best view ever while getting drunk, way better than in any bar.

I'm working on getting a ride right now.

No comments: