Monday, November 9, 2009

No B & B, Plenty of Fun

I think I might be telling secrets, but I'll risk it.

When I was in college I was in a sorority (that's not the secret) and there were certain times when we were really focused on sisterhood and we had a simple rule: No B & B. No boys and no booze.

These brief periods were very brief - a week tops - and most of us had no trouble abiding, though some did find the rules quite restraining and would still drink and spend the nights with their boyfriends.

Right now, I feel like I'm living in an extended state of No B & B and, as usual, I'm having no trouble with it. Sure, having drinks is fun, but that didn't stop me from having fun without drinks. And sure boys are nice, but they aren't necessary. At least not for a girl who isn't attempting to create children.

Friday my roommate and I were finally feeling better. I spent that evening hanging out with my friend and neighbor Miss M along with a few other people. It was a super mellow night, the perfect way to spend an evening having just gotten over the Piglet Cold.

Saturday I helped set up for another breast cancer awareness event and fundraiser. I then went to my upstairs neighbors' apartment for a potluck they hosted with Coconut Bliss ice cream - the chocolate hazelnut was the best I tried. Of two flavors. After that Miss A and I headed to the fundraiser where we had a lovely time and where I won a flightseeing tour in the silent auction!

Post events, it was bar time. At first I wasn't sure if I'd be up to it, since bars without booze can be unpleasant but I headed out with the ladies and we had a great time dancing at the Rendezvous and the Imperial and listening to live music at the Alaskan before heading to the Bergmann for a nice wind-down.

Sunday was nice because Miss A made dinner and Meg and Travis played some acoustic sets at the bar.

Now it's back to work as usual!

No comments: