Friday, October 23, 2009

Prank Calls

In a fit of ADD, I decided to watch the "Bunny Shorts" and ended up seeing their recap of The Ring. I watched it when I was either a senior in high school or a freshman in college. I was at home in Redmond at my parents' house and had stayed up late with my sister and her best friend. After we had watched the whole movie I thought it would be absolutely hilarious if the phone rang and my sister and Miss K got scared. Luckily, I had a cell phone. I managed to dial the house phone from the couch and I waited for it to ring.

Waited.

Waited.

Well, something obviously went wrong.

I ended the call and dialed again.

And waited.

And waited.

I think I must have tried it three times. Finally, I gave up. I don't know what was wrong with the stupid phone, but it wasn't ringing and the time period during which it would be funny had passed.

The next morning my mom complained to my sister that the phone had been in her bedroom all night and that her stupid friends were prank calling the house.

I never corrected her.

No comments: