Friday, October 2, 2009

Four and Twenty Hours.

In approximately one hour I will be joining some fellow artists at the Juneau Arts and Culture Center to take part of something glorious(ly geeky): 24 Hour Comics. It'll be coinciding with the 24 Hour Miracle, which is, I suppose gloriously... freaky. It's a play that is written, cast, rehearsed, and performed in the 24 hour window.

I've never taken part in a 24 hour comic event before and I am excited and also a little nervous. For one thing, I haven't even finished the next panel in JSMG which is nearly done - all that's left to do is color, I believe. I just couldn't get into it for the past few weeks. I think I'll have to make myself do it on Sunday so I will only have missed TWO WHOLE WEEKS and not three. Oops. I'm also nervous because I haven't quite come up with an idea yet. And maybe that's the way it's meant to be, maybe thinking about it in advance is cheating. And I am using traditional media, not digital, and the last time I did something like this I spent a whole semester on it.

Whatever. I'm going to do it, guys. I am going to make a 24 page comic in 24 hours. And it's gonna be AWESOME. Wish me luck. I took a nap this afternoon in preparation. I'm ready!

No comments: