Thursday, September 24, 2009

Juneau should be renamed Flaketown

Remember when I was going nuts because Miss J gave me notice that she was moving out? Then I was relieved when Mr. L said he'd move in. But then Mr. L decided after less than a full month to move in with his girlfriend (who is offering cheaper rent and sex). Then I was again relieved when a friend said she could move in in October.

Just kidding! I just found out today that my future roommate plans have fallen through, so I am again faced with the tough job of finding someone who is looking for a roommate, isn't insane (or anal) and who has no pets. It's all getting to be so frustrating.

I can manage for the next few months if I budget well and I know that Miss D said she'd be interested in moving in during session, so just when I'll probably be out of a job, I'll have someone to help cover the rent. Lucky me.

Getting angry or frustrated doesn't make any of it better, getting upset with friends doesn't help either. I'm going to do what I always do and forgive and forget, just let it all roll off my back - ducky style. You know, how water rolls off a duck's feathers. I am pretty sure that is what that phrase comes from.

In any case, I am not going to stress on finding a roommate right now, I am just going to live frugally and enjoy the freedom of living completely alone until a roommate comes to me.

I don't know what the deal is, even I am becoming flaky. Juneau, what are you putting in the water?

No comments: