Saturday, August 22, 2009

Survivor

I can't justify sitting around and moping, though it's a lot of what I've been doing the past couple days. I'm at that stage (which I am going to assume is common) at which everything reminds me of that certain someone. I see a band play and think, 'we danced to them before.' I look at a pool cue and think, 'We used to play pool together.'

I survived another birthday party, though I haven't made it to the birthday yet, so we'll see how 23 ends. So far my 23rd year has been a good one. There will be pictures because Miss E and I looked fabulous in our retro-futuristic costumes. We had shiny lame' dresses, hand made, and bouffant hair, hand teased. The hair was sort of Brigitte Bardot. The shiny dresses were sort of 50's or 60's futuristic. I was impressed with the number of people who did dress up and how good they looked! It was all very shiny and just wonderful. Then I got drunk off three or four drinks and have no idea what took place, though at 1:30, Miss E tells me, I was wondering why I wasn't home already.

But like I said, I can't justify all this moping because I can think of a few people who are going through much tougher things. I'm all sad because Mr. CP has gone back to DC and I miss him but I found out that my favorite teacher in high school has been going through chemotherapy for cancer. And on a more relatable scale, Miss M and her boyfriend of over a year just broke up. I think we'll go with the misery loves company thing and hang out and drink together. In any case, I shouldn't moan and groan and be sad, I should work on the comic, read, write, work, craft, clean my house... I have better things to do than mope!

No comments: