Thursday, August 27, 2009

Small Town Life

Today was an exempary day in small town life.

After the conference call I treated my friend Miss T to a birthday brunch at Paradise Cafe, where the lovely Deering ladies were working. Afterward I completed some things at home before heading to hopefully borrow the Boss' truck. The truck was unlocked but I couldn't find the keys. Instead I called Mr. L and borrowed his truck. I went to the Catholic Church in the valley to pick up a couple desks which were donated for the office and had the help of a younger guy to load them into the pickup. Unfortunately the tailgate fell open and the little end table was lost - a woman in another car alerted me that something was amiss, but by the time I made it back (there aren't too many turns out in the valley) the thing had already been picked up. On the way back downtown I stopped at Fred Meyer to pick some stuff up, on the way out I ran into a friend of mine who asked me out sometime soon. Then he saw some other guy he knew and we all chatted for a few minutes before we all parted ways. As I walked toward Mr. L's pickup, Ms. S drove by to remind me to drop by the store to pay for the dress I still had to pay for. I ended up having to go to Wal-mart to buy the printer, and luckily I didn't see anyone I knew there and nobody I knew saw me there - though I've just admitted to it. After all this I went to the office and managed to flag down a bicyclist to help me move the desks. He was just in town visiting and I offered to buy him a beer for his help. We met at the hangar and had a pint, talking about how nice Juneau is, how friendly people are, and how the day had turned into a beautiful one when the sun came out.

I've got no complaints.

No comments: