Friday, August 28, 2009

Check and Check.

It's already nearly the end of August. Almost 9 months into the "new year" which is so not new anymore.

My new year's resolution for 2009 was to get a job which supplied me with business cards. It is a simple thing, but a measure of success of sorts. If I am important enough to have business cards, I've done something with my life.

This morning I received a package from Anchorage from the campaign boss. The box included a bunch of glossy lit, a roll of stickers and a fairly large stack of business cards. Sort of.

On one side the card lists 5 ways to save the world (specific to my campaign) and on the other side it says "Your (campaign) Field Organizer is:"

Then there is a blank white space.

What I should do for a business card is make one for my comics page. I have been pretty dedicated to that and actually stayed up until three in the morning just to finish the comic last night. It's sort of offensive if you really love God and Jesus, but if you are a bit of a heathen like me or if you aren't terribly sensitive you can probably stomach it. It probably also isn't that great for young kids.

I find that it comes up in conversation now and then and that people want to know where to find it - I then have to search for a pen and a large enough scrap of paper to write the whole url.

Tonight is Miss J's pun party. I have been having a hard time coming up with a costume idea. Even my excuse that I'd use if I didn't have a costume is really terrible. Ideas include a cool cat, a dog-eared page, and saying "no pun intended."

I really need to get a life.

No comments: