Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bragging Rights

Forgive me, reader(s), for being a big ol' sap. I promise it won't happen again. Not for a long time at least. I have to brag and say that I have a wonderful boyfriend. But those bragging rights are about to expire because he's leaving town, headed back to DC to continue with his life and studies. He isn't leaving without making it very difficult for me to find someone to fill those shoes, though.


I'd like the world to think that I gagged and possibly threw up a little in my mouth when I opened my front door to find him wielding a dozen roses upon his arrival to take me to a romantic dinner at the nicest restaurant in town. I didn't. I had a big dumb grin plastered across my face.

Dating is going to be rough for a while after this. It'll be even tougher when I get fat off all those pints of decadent ice cream I was talking about.

EDIT:

Apparently a romantic gesture like buying roses isn't a big enough deal, so more was done and now it's going to be really hard to replace this one. He left early this morning and I anticipate I'll start the missing later today. Feel free to gag at my gushy post.

No comments: