Friday, June 26, 2009

The Birth of an Oversharing Blogger:

“This post is a part of 20SB’s Looking Back Blog Carnival, and Ben & Jerry’s is awarding free ice cream to lucky bloggers and readers!”
These are my first two blog posts in existence. I used to blog elsewhere. Hard to believe I've been blogging for over 5 years now. Enjoy!

My odd dream from a couple days ago...

[info] Deleted!
I am being arrested. (first journal entry to start that way). Apparently while I was driving the day before I had caused a car accident that killed someone. I thought about it and had no idea when or where this may have occurred, as I had driven a lot, and didn't remember any close calls. Someone had turned me in, someone I knew, but I couldn't place the name or face. I was being threatened with life imprisonment, and they wouldn't even tell me when or where. I was in Mock trial for two years, so I was representing myself. I was trying to come up with a good argument in my defense, things like, my windshield wipers are bad, my windshield was dirty, my headlights are dim and the high beams are no better, the roads were wet... I still had no idea when or where or who or why... So in the end I merely consoled myself with the thought, "hey, I didn't kill them on purpose, it is manslaughter, that's only 7 to 10!"

My eyes are dilated...

[info]Deleted!
Ay carramba... I don't recommend going to the optometrist and getting your eyes dilated and then driving when there is a shiny sheet of icy snow all over everywhere causing the entire town to be a white reflective blinding obstacle course. Nobody was harmed, it's ok... and even if that were to happen, it is manslaughter, right? Haha, tying it into the other entry... I am too clever. Anyway, I had this urge to drive with my eyes closed. I kinda did at times, but for the most part I just squinted to the point where nothing looked like anything anyway. It is a FRIDAY! I have to make good use of my Friday, last one before school starts again. Uh oh. Am I ready to start thinking again? I know I am ready to escape my hometown... where the most common activities are pregnancy or death. I guess I just don't fit in here... ya know, not having babies and being alive and all. So I guess it is time to say goodbye to my good ole' home town again. Until summer. Then I must avoid death and pregnancy at all costs... even after leaving to college for a year you aren't exempt from the death thing...
I blogged only occasionally in my first year of blogging, but these are the first two posts EVER. I blogged with Livejournal and had a nice little "community" blogging and trading comments with friends and classmates, etc. After a point, my blog was too personal and too public, causing me to leave the Livejournal behind. Even today I have a tendency to over-share. Think I've changed much as a blogger?

**I am not linking back to the blog of yore. It's still in existence at least for my reference. I think most things are made "friends only" or "private" but in my peak days of Livejournal blogging things were pretty gory. Maybe there will be a blog carnival requesting us to share from the middle of our blogging experience...

No comments: