Sunday, April 19, 2009

The End of a Beautiful Thing

Folk Fest is over - for me at least. Tonight is the last night and I'm working. It's ugly here tonight. Mr. Argumentative Lawyer, a regular face about town, and Mr. Most Depressing Dude EVER are in here debating. Actually just arguing back and forth. I'm sitting here hoping it'll all end soon.

For the past three nights/mornings I've gone home between the hours of 5 and 8 in the morning. Slept a few hours. Then done it all again. It's been brilliant fun. Lots of good music, lots of fun. Folk musicians are Juneau's rockstars. Bluegrass groups are Juneau's Motley Crue. Singer/songwriters are Juneau's Britney Spears. We've got the sex and the drugs, but replace Rock 'n' Roll with FOLK. We're partying all night, drinking 'til passing out, smoking ourselves into catatonic states, sex in the hallways and playing fiddles on the stoop. I didn't have any sex or any drugs but I did take in plenty of folk music and plenty of other people did plenty of the other things. Mr. TC told me he saw people doin' it on the stairs. At about 8:30 pm Friday. Oh dear.

I won't bother with a play by play, but if you are ever in Juneau, Alaska during Folk Fest - do it. Just get into it. Stay up late and jam in the hallways. Drink whiskey. Experience all of it.

No comments: