Saturday, December 6, 2008

I wish I had good news... and I do!

Well, the good news is for you. That's right, you who read this and wish that instead of blogging a bunch I would actually make more web comics and actually post them. Well, I have.

The other news is rather mundane.

Thursday I went to a reception for my man Mark B. I was in the right place at the right time because I was the first person there when he walked in with the right hand man JV. I got to be in the spotlight a bit because, as the only remaining staff member, I got pointed out a couple times and thanked for all the work I had done. Made me blush, just a little.

Once again I was brushing shoulders with the big D's again. Good times. Mark B. acknowledged that I had put in my resume (oh hey) and mentioned that they'd probably be getting in touch with people in a couple weeks. Cross your fingers! Unless you are hoping I'll stay in Juneau instead, in which case... don't?

The event had a hosted bar, which meant that I had a solid three glasses of wine. That isn't enough to make me misbehave in front of all sorts of important people, but that is enough that I didn't feel like calling it quits post reception.

I went out with some girlfriends and drank some more wine at the Hangar, where I was well behaved because I was paying for it.

Later though, we went to the 'Vous and the Alaskan. At the 'Vous I was again treated to free drinks courtesy of the resident sketchster Ivan the incorrigible. Oh well, free drinks!

Uh oh. I didn't make it out of there in any good state. I had to be poured into a cab at the end of the night and when I woke up I discovered that I had received many a text message and phone call and my ankle hurt like hell. I was probably still somewhat drunk when I woke up (late) to go to work. I wanted to die in the shower so I called in to say I'd be pulling a half day at work. I slept on the couch until I felt mostly better, then limped down the hill to work.

My ankle hurt the entire afternoon and I could have been seen at some point hopping on one foot to get to the ringing phone in time. Despite my injury, I was determined to live a normal life. I walked to Paradise Cafe for lunch and the guy who is running it is always so sweet, he gave me some snickerdoodles for free, claiming that they were medically proven to make me feel better. Later in the evening I opted to go to on the Gallery Walk with Miss C. For me it was a gallery hobble, but the results were the same. I got another Christmas gift and got to sample lots of chocolates and snacks and such. It's one of the biggest event of the year.

Post gallery hobble, Miss C and I went to the Alaskan where we had one drink and continued to talk about stuff. I saw Mr. I who mentioned that I would still be needed at the Bergmann, but luckily Mr. JBB has an on-call guy so I was able to just go home after that. I was in bed by 11:30 and all text messages and calls were ignored, except for a call from Miss P, with whom I had a nice conversation.

Today I've mostly done nothing, but it is of note that I will be (if all goes well) going camping tonight at a cabin with friends. Included in this group of friends is Mr. M, probably Mr. E, the crush, and definitely Miss T. Perhaps also Miss TG and her mystery boyfriend who shares a name with one of the former flames - that's scary - I hope she's not bringing that one and that this mystery dude is someone I've never met. Juneau is a small and nearly incestuous dating pool though. Some think it is crazy for me to want to go camping with my bum leg and it being already dark, but I am bound and determined to not miss out on another adventure...

Miss L called me with Skype today! It was great to talk with her a little, because she's someone I always think to call when I have these little issues or problems that I believe only she would really understand. Of course, I didn't have any of those when she called, but hearing her voice and some of her stories was nice.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yesssss comics!

<3