Saturday, November 1, 2008

Don't let me down, Juneau!

The Juneau empire posted this piece of crap editorial endorsing McCain/Palin. My wonder is if the Empire thinks that Sarah will like Juneau more if we endorse her, while the Anhorage Daily News has endorsed Obama/Biden.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

When Sarah Palin doesn't become VP and she comes back to Alaska in a huff, I will welcome her back and TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM.

Sure, she may not compliment me on my hair now that she knows that I have actively campaigned for Obama/Biden and have actively and openly displayed my dislike of her policies, practices, and lack of good qualities.

And fine, Juneau Empire, let's say this ISN'T about kissing Sarah's Oscar de la Renta wearing ass, let's say it IS about the presidential nominee. McCain? Really?

Juneau is the little blue Oasis in a big sea of red - republican politics and rednecks - and we, of all papers, endorse McCain!?!!

I also want to point out that I've never cited experience as my top criterion for the President, I've cited the plans and ideas of Barack Obama and the Democratic Party. I think that the editor must have stumbled upon some bad forest mushrooms or maybe just straight up ACID.

Way to let me down, Empire. Way to let me down.

One single tear falls for Juneau's undecided voters, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway since Alaska is a solid red on every single electoral map.

Hope for the other races? Yes. Begich and Berkowitz will be victorious (and I swear, I'm not biased) and I hope that Doll takes State House District 4.

3 days to change. Even here.

4 comments:

Myron Davis said...

Juneau Empire is owned by Morris Communications, I'm not sure if that would affect anything but it might with a national level endorsement

Melissa Leeanne said...

Thanks for being a master sleuth, Myron! Maybe that did have an effect...

Here's the link to the Anchorage Daily News endoresment:
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/567867.html

Myron Davis said...

McClatchy (adn) is a very liberal newspaper group.

Morris Communications is very conservative.

Such is the time of large media conglomerates; local people don't make the decisions instead their corporate overlords do.

Ashley said...

I kept reading Doll as Dole, and got very confused. ;)

As for that piece of crap editorial, the comments are very telling.