Monday, October 20, 2008

When the Lights Go Down in the City

Last night was Miss L's last night in town. Right about now she is on a plane to Seattle, then San Diego, then Portland, then Peru. She's off to see the world, and I am still here, in her hometown.

I met up with her at the bowling alley, didn't play a game because it was toward the end anyway. We chatted some, then ended up hanging out and talking about life afterward. Yesterday was the day for serious conversations about life.

I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer last night - the original movie. I think I could watch pee-wee die a zillion times and still laugh. That was my first time seeing it. Just getting prepped for the inevitable nerd-time that Miss J and I will have. She told me that she'd like me to watch ALL of Buffy, all of Angel and probably any other Joss Whedon series. Once I get my life back I'll have ended up devoting it to something else.

Speaking of nerd time, I will be hosting a Stammtisch! Samstag um neun Uhr oder neun Uhr dreizig, Bergmann Bar.

Today while at work, the power went out. Not just our office, most of downtown suffered through a major power outage. Street lights were out and everything. Oh no! We were in the dark and the phones were dead. Suddenly, the Field Director calls and wants to know why I'm not on the dialer. It is then requested that I use a cell phone. There I am sitting in the dark with a cell phone, continuing voter contact. Awesome.

Word on the street is Monday Night Raw is back at the Alaskan. With AstronoMAR, Smack, and Good gone, I am unsure who is going to be taking on the event, but I look forward to the Monday night pastime.

No comments: