Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six. Six days. Ah ha ha ha ha.


Six days to go. Mr. Boss is dying. He puked for hours this morning and is sleeping on the couch now. I am going to start preemptively consuming optibiotic vitamins in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - and they taste kind of like paprika and garlic.

The main problem with Mr. Boss dying is that he knows what he's doing. I don't. I mean, I do, kind of, but he knows definitely what he's doing. If he is dead, I'll probably die in the next 6 days due to stress.

Yesterday, I was reading Ashley's blog about doing a picture a day, partially so she can grow more comfortable in her own skin. I am far less motivated and I don't actually know where my camera charger is (somewhere in my room) so I can't really commit to the same, yet. I am working on something of my own to grow more comfortable in my skin, though. I am wearing NO MAKEUP. Usually, I go for a natural look anyway, some concealer on the blemishes, some powder to keep down the shine, some mascara and shadow on the brows so I look like I have lashes and brows... If I ever left the house without at least the eyebrows and mascara, I felt freakish. Today though, I am wearing my face and some moisturizer (nobody likes dry skin) and I'm even wearing my glasses. The nice thing is, I still feel pretty. I think that it is all too common for girls/women to have body issues, and I know that I've got my fair share. It is nice that I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with some of my less attractive features. I actually just took a photo with my blackberry, but my laptop won't cooperate with bluetooth, so everyone will have to wait to see the makeup-less me.

Last night when I got off work, I met up with Miss B at the Alaskan. We went and grabbed pizza and then returned. While at the Alaskan, Miss B and I were having a nice time catching up on things and sipping on some Ephemere when I realized that Mr. A was also in the bar. I consciously ignored his presence, whether or not he knew that I was there and put in a great effort to still enjoy the time there. On his way out to smoke a cigarette, he patted my shoulder and gave me a hug. I then unloaded the whole story of the multiple break-up texts and messages and how now he is making grand attempts to make up for being a jerk when we were together by wanting to do all these things right now that I'm over it. We stopped outside while Miss B was chatting with another person and he just stared at me until I paid attention and then invited me to come over, to hang out, to talk, whatever. I told him no, that I would not come over, that I did not think now was the time to talk, and that if he called that night I would not answer. Miss B and I left, she dropped me at home, and I ignored two text messages and a phone call.

And did I mention he even took my coat and insisted on assisting in putting it on? Did I mention that he came to my office and has insisted that he help? That he asked me what it was most important to do and where so that he could help do that? That he wants to talk, that we NEED to talk? And did I also mention that I am totally and utterly uninterested in the reformed Mr. A? That I am completely uninterested in him in any form?

Too little. Too late.

Tomorrow we are having a ralley. A ralley sounds fun. Sounds like it will get people pumped up. Today is Wednesday. GOTV starts Saturday. Election day is less than a week away, 6 days.

I don't even have my halloween costume started. Is that my biggest concern right now? Ha. No. Not at all.

Not when my measure of success is a plurality of votes. Not when I am very much invested in three separate campaigns. Not when the wins or losses will be glorious or devestating beyond what I've known in the past. Not when I may not even get to go out and have fun on Halloween since I'll be preparing for our GOTV effort.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are much braver than me! I don't wear that much makeup, but I feel like it makes a big difference. It's a security blanket.

I hope you and your boss survive.