Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things I will undoubtedly do...

This happens to, by its nature, highlight some things that I do not do or have not done, some of these things may be a little absurd or even embarrassing. Oh well.

These are things that I will do before I leave Juneau. I've decided that I should stay for at least another year. One more fall, winter, spring, and summer.

I will snowboard. I have the board, I just need the other fixings and the will power to go.

I will snowshoe. Should have done this before, would have been easier than the army crawl over feet of powder.

I will go fishing (I've been fishing, just not Alaska fishing).

I will ride a bike. It sounds strange and they do always say that it is something you never forget how to do, but I haven't ridden a bike since I was in tenth grade. It is something I look forward to and dread at the same time.

I will go to the rock dump and finally try climbing.

I will hike the other glacier trail.

I will peak Mt. Roberts, Mt. Juneau, and Mt. Jumbo.

I will try cross country skiing.

I will jump all the way into the cold, cold water.

I will paint again.

I will make a graphic novel about my time in Alaska.

I will go camping for real in tents.

I will go to more bonfires.

I will trek on the glacier (before it melts to nothing).

I will fly in a float plane!

I will fly in a helicopter.

I will clean my room.

I will work in the legislature. I mean, seriously, they've got to hire me, right?

I will get a democrat elected to the US Senate.

I will play beerball again.

I will have a life.

I will get in shape.

I will visit other places in Alaska. Places like Sitka, Fairbanks, and maybe Nome or Barrow. Definitely Denali.

I will see a moose.

I will ice skate.

I will add more to this list, but I think these are definitely possible to accomplish. That's right. Mission: Possible.

I can't let the most Alaskan thing I've done be a mountain man.

And with that, the rating for my blog went from PG to PG-13 with some sweet innuendo.

4 comments:

Myron Davis said...

a few more weeks and I'll go with you to the rockdump... (If you want)

Melissa Leeanne said...

Are you coming to visit?!?!?!

Myron Davis said...

Yep I'll be in town the 12th through the 22nd of October!

Melissa Leeanne said...

See you then!