Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rockin' 'n' rollin' 'n' sugar shakin'!

Saturday night had the Sugar Shakers of Sitka playing at the 'Vous.

Fan-fuckin-tastic.

I was uncertain as to whether I would make it, but luckily I recovered from the hangover from hell with enough time to even doll myself up and meet up with Mr. Paddle-Boat at the Hangar before heading to the 'Vous.

Mr. PB has been visiting me for the past couple months at the 'Vous when he has been on break. Since he was switching vessels, he had an overnight in J-town and was interested in hanging out and witnessing Juneau's nightlife. I obliged.

There was no place else worth being that night, the Sugar Shakers had everyone at least bobbing their heads and drooling over the sultry upright bassist. Many of us managed to, in our rock-a-billy attire, get out on the dance floor and have a fantastic time. There was an old couple in attendance who blew us all away with their dance moves, they were an added bit of entertainment.

The band members were some of the nicest people in existence and on breaks were mixing and mingling with the crowds.

It happened to also be Miss L's birthday/farewell party so we had cake and had a lot of fun doting on her.

I didn't go to bed until 6am. You'd think that this would imply an after-party or something of great interest, but Miss J and I watched 2 more episodes of this IFC series on Sex in Cinema. Riveting.

Saturday night definitely beat Friday night and Saturday day.

A couple things to note about Saturday day:
1) I woke up in sitting position on the loveseat in the living room.
2) I didn't wake up until 11:20 am and I was scheduled to work at 8 am.
3) I looked and felt terrible (though this didn't stop Jean-Pierre from proposing).
4) I called in sick to the other job.
5) I puked up the breakfast Mr. E picked up for me from Costa's.

No comments: