Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here I go again, on my own...

In a failed attempt to get anyone to attend the film with me, I saw Persepolis at Silverbow on my own. The film was fantastic, and as I was merely sitting in a less than comfortable wooden chair in the dark, watching the film, a companion was hardly necessary.

I had attempted to get Mr. A to come along, but he already had plans with his bff. He said that he'd ask if he wanted to check out the film as well. When detailing this mess to Miss J, I blurted out, "Great, I get to go on a date with my bo---" and stopped myself mid syllable when I realized that I had almost labeled Mr. A something I have not been considering him. Maybe it is a role I'd have liked him to fill, but it is not a role he was actually filling. Aaakkkk. That is my only response.

Where is this going? I don't know.

I intended to go to the Island T-Th this week, but it looks like the interviews will be at the Vintage office so I need to either find some work to do over there, or I forfeit a day's work because of this silly carpool schedule. If nothing else, I can consider it an investment in my future because if I get the job, I'll be much better off financially and otherwise.

Also - I just got quasi-bitched out for not making it to work on Monday, but honestly... I tried. I called my usual ride, I called my back-up ride, and at least when I tried to get a cab today I was told it would be 20 minutes from the time I called. Sorry if I have a lot more variables to deal with, sorry if you don't think it is very "adult" of me to not make it to work, but I did wake up at 3am, which I don't do for fun. Not everyone can afford to effin' cab from downtown to Auke Bay or buy a car or whatever. If I don't get the better job, I'm going to have to look for a new one entirely...

No comments: