Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Juggling.

What have I been doing lately? Juggling. Lots of juggling.

I have finally worked my way up to full employment, but what a mess that is... I've got two retail jobs working for a very small base wage and hoping I get any commission at all... I am also working at one of my favorite bars - I'll hopefully get about 3 shifts a week. Working 3 different jobs is rather difficult, I've decided. On one hand, I can't very well get bored with any of them, since I'm constantly switching and working different shifts. On the other hand, I had a real scheduling nightmare on my hands this week when I managed to double book myself for a couple jobs. How will I survive?

One job I've been at since September, so it is no trouble at all - if I made more money I'd probably do it full time. The bartending job seems great, it is interesting and it is a good experience. I'm fine with it being only part-time however. The third job... well... I don't know how long I'll last. I am planning on looking further to see if I can manage a part time office type job instead. I am certainly not aggressive enough to work full time in Jewelry Sales. Commission - oh no.

I went out nearly every day since I've been back. The one night I didn't go to the bars, I was watching a movie with Mr. L and Mr. A.

I assumed correctly that the bud of a relationship would get nipped, but I didn't let it get me down. As a matter of fact, I ran into the ever charming though often flakey Mr. EJ, and had a really delightful night of dancing to the Gallus Bros. at the Alaskan, drinking whiskey, and lying on the roof of the hotel during an "after party" that night. I didn't get home until 4 or 5 in the morning and I was happy to have spent the evening with him, though I had sworn him off briefly.

Sunday night was Miss D's birthday, so there was a lot of excitement there. The excitement included balloons popping and a cake fight. Oh what fun.

I've been far too busy to really keep up with this much, but I have been having as much fun as I can with the busy schedule I've been keeping.

Tonight I am training again at the bar from 10 until whenever I'm done, perhaps close if I am meant to learn it.

No comments: