Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How very ordinary...

Wow, must have been tired. I slept from about the time I got home this evening until 11, at which point I did my nighttime routine (plus extra girlie facial stuff) and have decided to head right back to bed. Too be fair, I didn't get much sleep last night and I had a long day at work today, followed by a meeting to discuss community outreach projects.

Why didn't I sleep much on Monday night? It wasn't Monday Night Raw - I wasn't feeling like going out at all, and I swear it had nothing to do with the childish behavior of a certain Mr. G. Instead, I spent a little time with Miss L and her friends, then helped Miss L bake some gourmet brownies. After that, Mr. AT came over and he, Mr. L, Miss L, and I stayed up late being silly and trying to "save" the radio station when we heard dead air. It was a fun evening that didn't involve me being at the Alaskan. Are you impressed?

I worked Sunday and then Miss L and I took advantage of the spring-like weather and took a lovely walk along Sandy Beach. I took a couple pictures because it was the type of evening that reminds me why I live in Juneau, Alaska. We turned it into a bit of an adventure and did some climbing around on the hillside rather than sticking to trails. Despite it being a dry day, there was a lot of mud, and Miss L may have caused a mini mudslide with an attempt to climb. I managed to stay to the side of that mess and felt proud of myself for not contributing to erosion. We probably only ventured out about a mile, but it was a really fulfilling walk. I still don't own Xtra-Tuffs but was tempted to buy a pair after I wound up in a pool of salt water and seaweed up to my shins. I hadn't realized it was so deep. At that point, I became fearless as my feet were already wet and it didn't matter much if they became wetter.

Saturday I bummed around all day, as I usually do. I had tried to convince myself to do something really productive, but the greatest extent of it was doing some laundry, some housekeeping, and, well, that may be it. Miss L and I had a talk though, we discussed the state of our friendship and how it has been negatively affected by our living together. We are not the most compatible of roommates, not either of our fault, really, we just live differently and are set in our ways. I am going to be looking for a new place to live in the next month and a half. It would be selfish of me to remain living here at the expense of our friendship. I have surprisingly already had three options presented. Though so far, two of the three are a little further from downtown than I had hoped - but not too far, really. I may just rent a room with friends, or I may be getting a place with Miss P, who lives more similarly to me and is similarly very relaxed. Miss L admits to being a bit neurotic...

I was supposed to have plans tonight, but it turned into another pretty standard (read boring) Tuesday. I guess that's not bad, considering how tired I obviously was. Tomorrow will be my first meeting NOT in charge. I think it should be amusing. We have yet to receive and e-mail, though I e-assaulted the new pres with potential items for it. I know he'll do a great job, that certain people will respect his leadership more, and that I'll enjoy doing other things more. Still, letting go is hard. I will have to really restrain myself the whole meeting.

No comments: