Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Bite-Size Morsel

On the crazies:

Me as a crazy: This evening I was way too tired to function. Even trying to hold a coherent conversation was a struggle, so I did give in to the urge to sleep. I slept and slept and slept. I woke up at 8, panicking because I have to work at 8:30 and I leave at 8:15 at the latest! I jumped out of bed and freshened up as best I could, threw on some acceptable clothes, and rushed to the door, shoes on and everything, before it struck me that something was terribly amiss. I looked at my cell phone and the time was 8:17pm, and I work at 8:30AM. Oh yes, I am crazy.

Others as crazies: Miss L informed me that one morning it was discovered that the family car was covered in mustard. There is the possibility that it was completely random, that someone decided that this particular vehicle would be the target of childish vandalism for no reason at all. The other possibility is that the car was targeted. Miss L and I both looked at each other, both panicked, and both ran through a list of names and situations in our heads, wondering who on earth could possibly hate either of us enough to vandalize a car with mustard. The fact that either of us could think of people or reasons may be a bad sign, but the fact that someone would vandalize a car with mustard is just childish. The decision that we could both agree on? Locking the doors ALWAYS.

2 comments:

Myron Davis said...

Was it high quality mustard?

I find it funny that you had a list of names and situations to run through as possible culprits! Hopefully it wasn't a long list!

At least being vandalized with mustard is better than some other stuff, like grease, or hydrochloric acid.

Melissa Leeanne said...

I didn't actually witness the mustard, so I cannot attest to its quality, I kind of hope it was some nice deli mustard so I feel like the vandal thought it was worth their effort to do a classy job of it.

The list isn't that long, but lists like that never seem to get shorter...