Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You DID NOT just say I told you so, did you?

It's so frustrating how one action 0r one occurrence can change the very nature of a day.

Today holds a good example. I have to balance a vault sheet every day close to the end of the day. Sometimes it balances perfectly, sometimes it takes a little work, sometimes it takes a lot of work and some outside help. Today was one of those 'lot of work and some outside help' sorts of days, except I had no outside help, all I had was a tactless co-worker who said, "Just finish it tomorrow, that's why I think you should start earlier." I can't recall my exact response, but it definitely included some manifestation of the word fuck. I don't know what she assumed, but had I started even 10 minutes earlier, I still would have come up with the same results. For all of my efforts, I couldn't get it right. Rather than offering to look at it and offer another perspective, she chose to give useless and presumptuous advice. She missed her bus. I was in a terrible mood. Usually I invite her to wait for her boyfriend at my house, but she didn't ask and I didn't offer. We finished the night in silence and went our separate ways without a goodbye. Maybe that is not the behavior of a supervisor I just exhibited tonight, but she does not treat me with the respect she would treat a supervisor, so I will not treat her with kid gloves. I'm still in a bad mood!

The rest of the day was actually fine. The morning started off a little rough because the other manager came out and she wants to change everything it seems. She is very friendly and seems really enthusiastic and sincere though, so it makes it seem less like a vicious attack on our way of doing things and more like a way to improve things. I don't know if I'll like it, but she makes it sound okay. I was busy all day doing boring things mostly, but it wasn't scanning, so I survived. I went to lunch with a Miss C, who may be interested in Rotaract. Speaking of Rotaract, I have a board meeting and regular meeting tonight. I hope that people show up mostly on time and that they are receptive to what I have set up. Sometimes I dread it, sometimes I love it.

I can't decide if I should stay out and try to have fun tonight or if I should come home and curl up in bed for some much needed sleep and some alone time to be frustrated.

Yesterday I was hanging out with Miss L and her Page friends, it was a good time, though after a point the conversation was merely an entanglement of inside jokes and gossip about people I didn't know and things I didn't know. She introduced me to Mr. AT, who had studied in Austria, who speaks German, and who did some amazing travel in many of the same places I did. We spent a good 20 minutes gushing over our European adventures before anyone else arrived.

I'm waiting on Mr. A to my query regarding his schedule and if he has some desire to do something fun with me this week. This week is rather quickly coming to an end, however, so I have some doubts. I get anxious and pessimistic pretty quickly when it comes to such matters, so don't be surprised if I'm vowing to swear him off by early next week. I do hope to hear from him before I must resort to irrational behavior.

Tomorrow I have a hot date with Miss P! We are going to celebrate Valentine's Day in a very fabulous fashion. We don't have a plan just yet, but we'll work something out.

I went to the gym again last night after not going for a long time, it made my tail bone hurt again. Ouch! I'm going to try to get back into it though, I hadn't been for about two weeks and I think I was starting to get (more) out of shape again already!

4 comments:

Myron Davis said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we never had to resort to irrational behavior?

Perfectly rational people and sometimes we do perfectly irrational things.

(Perhaps I am thinking of myself instead of you)

It could be Mr. A. has something nice planned tomorrow. But knows.

I had a terrible day too so I feel your pain.

Melissa Leeanne said...

I believe you grossly overestimate the character or at least the romantic tendencies of the men I tend to date/get involved with. If he has something nice planned tomorrow I'll probably have a heart attack. As a matter of fact, tomorrow is not even in consideration for receiving a phone call or text, because that might imply that all of this means something.

Sorry you had a bad day too!

Myron Davis said...

So did you get a heart attack today?

Melissa Leeanne said...

Nope. I know me and my men better than you do. Unfortunately.