Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Monday Night Raw

I went to Monday Night Raw. I have been a few times before, but not much recently. It's always a good time. Good music. I was having a discussion with an acquaintance about the talent one of the local DJs has, we agreed that it was something that is pretty exceptional.

Mr. A was there. We talked for a few minutes while he was on his way out. He told me to give him a call. I will. I will give him a call one more time and if we don't have plans sometime in the coming week, then I won't call ever again and I'll officially move on.

Mostly, I was hanging out with Miss P. We had some girl talk. She has decided that she needs to set me and one of her friends up. I have met him a couple times and she seems to think that he seemed like he was totally into me. I can't say I am opposed to the idea of having Miss P encourage this particular guy to ask me on a date, but it is kind of bad timing, since I am not entirely unattached. I don't know if I'd be able to give this guy a fair chance if I'm hung up on Mr. A, which I seem to be. Miss P and I also joined a group of gentlemen, including her ex-boyfriend, for some conversation. I had seen them all around, but not met any of them. The introductions began when Mr. G decided he was interested in knowing my name. I think that it was out of interest in me, perhaps. I guess I am kind of a cute girl...

Miss P and I have a grand plan for an adventure come Friday. I'm really excited. We're going to dinner and then really going to have an adventure. We decided that we couldn't actually plan it all out, otherwise it would be a plan and not an adventure, but it will probably involve being on a roof at some point.

I enjoy paid holidays. I am kind of bummed to have to go back to work tomorrow and even more bummed that the person who will be there is probably the one person in the world who has no faith in my ability to do this job. I can't even defend myself either, because she doesn't want any excuses. I just have to nod, accept her analysis of who I am and what I'm doing, and try to change so that she doesn't see my personality or behavior as reason to demote or fire me. Seriously, I won't claim that this job motivates me particularly, but I don't think that I'm as terrible as she seems to think and I do think that there are a lot of factors that she doesn't consider. It's okay, only one day this week. I don't even have that much time left in this job. Maybe a month and a half. February, despite it being a leap year, is still a short month. I've got about 39 full days until freedom, with weekends in there, it won't be bad at all. When I look at it like that, it really doesn't seem like all that much time. It actually seems pretty tolerable. I'll be happy to go though, I feel stagnant in this job.

3 comments:

Myron Davis said...

Although February is a short month there are 5 fridays in it. So if you like Fridays this month is a great month!

Walked by your office today on the way to "The Hat", I glanced in and saw you at your desk by the way.

It is always interesting to see what your friends pick out for you as potential romantic interests.

Melissa Leeanne said...

I thought I saw you!

So far the only common traits of the guys my friends have been picking out for me are being male and having some facial hair...

Myron Davis said...

I only walked by there for a second (it doesn't take long).

I am very surprised that you saw me. You must have a ton of people walk past.

I was wearing a long black wool coat, black pants. I think that would be all you could see from the side.