Friday, March 9, 2007

SEX SELLS

Today, I logged onto myspace.com. I do this pretty much everyday and on each day that I do this, the part of me that gets really annoyed with obnoxious internet ads (which is every grain of my being) considers never signing in again.

Today though, oh boy, I was not assaulted with comments in cartoonish voices when I accidentally scrolled over a banner ad, NO, I was assaulted with SEX.

The best thing about this ad is that the sex is completely unrelated. It is an ad for something that neither requires a person to be sexy nor to want sexy. It was an ad to become a "secret shopper!"

Here's the ad:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, notice that this ad is the work of someone with some skill in photoshop but absolutely no idea of how a slip dress would lie on a human body. Notice that the woman's hand is framing her vagina. Come on, you noticed, no time to get shy about this. Also, notice the carrot or less than sign that draws the eye between the nether regions of the woman and the link "CLICK HERE" and if that is not SEX in the media, I don't know what is.

Always read the fine print.

Those look like plastic Barbie legs. Mattel should sue... Maybe Adobe should sue for that poor photoshopping as well.

I'd like to thank Nacho for making it impossible for me to ever look at the media with an un-critical eye. I don't know if that is sincere or sarcastic. Really.

No comments: